Sunday, October 23, 2011

Four months old

I have no idea if anyone is even still checking my blog since I am such a terrible blogger. Even if anyone was checking up on me they would be disappointed to see that I only post every few months! Regardless, I still like to post when I get the chance even if it is just a record for me of these times in my life. Also, I still check in on the women that have posted comments or follow my blog semi-regularly to see how everyone else out there is doing (I try to comment when I can, but I am usually on my iphone).

As the title of this post states, my sweet daughter will be four months old this week!!! I can't believe it. Really - four months???? Four months of pregnancy felt like an eternity, yet four months with my daughter has flown by. Four months also means I am one-third of the way through my year of maternity leave. Heehee - not that I am complaining, since I know from reading other blogs, one year is a real blessing.

Our daughter is doing so well, she is getting tall (long is really more appropriate) and is about 15.5 pounds. She will out-grow me some day, taking after my husband more likely (who is 6'1", I'm 5'2"). She loves to try and stand and sit up, she is so strong. When I feel particularly emotional, I often attribute her strength back to her beginnings as a strong little follicle/sperm, embryo and then fetus. She was our little survivor.

What else can I say about her except that she fills my life with so much joy and is the love of my life. She smiles and laughs now, and when I wake up in the morning I often find her awake in her crib and when she sees me her eyes light up and she smiles at me with her whole face. It is the most incredible feeling.

2 comments:

  1. awww...this was such a beautiful post. and i know exactly what you mean -- when i look at my daughter my heart sings. it's as simple as that. :) we are very, very lucky and very blessed.

    p.s. i still read your posts...when you get the time! (and i mostly comment because it's easier to read and comment than find the time to actually write my own post.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to hear from you and it sounds like our little babies are developing at the exact same pace! We are so blessed to have our little ones in our lives. I will be back at work in a few weeks so I am very envious of you having a year off, enjoy it! xox

    ReplyDelete