Friday, October 15, 2010

So tomorrow is transfer day. Following the retrieval we were told that 5 of the 6 eggs were mature, and 4 of those fertilized. As of yesterday, 3 were doing great (according to the nurse) and 1 was lagging a bit, but potentially catching up (today is Day 4 and they don’t update us today). I feel so relieved and grateful that we have come this far, but it still all feels so surreal.

Our doctor has told me to be off my feet for the three days following transfer – and I am happy to oblige. Lots of movies, tea, and snuggling with my pup.

A lot of people know what we are going through and some close friends know all the details. I got lots of supportive phone calls today, and it feels nice. Originally, I didn’t want to share too much for fear of having to share disappointing news if this IVF isn’t successful. I am trying to stay positive, so I have tired not to think about that too much.

Wish us luck!

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the lagging one. I had an embryo come back from the "dead" and it was doing just fine on transfer day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with the transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for transfer! I hope you get some goodies to put back and freeze! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, excellent! 3 days, wow! I hope to take off at least two! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping everything went well with your transfer today! Snuggle in tight, little embies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your transfer went well. So now you are official PUPO :) Sending your way lots of good luck.

    ReplyDelete