Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bloated

A quick update and question for the community out there. I went in for my day 6 blood and ultrasound today. I was feeling hopeful because I am so bloated – which I took to mean I have lots of good sized follicles.

I just picked up my message with my results and I have 3 follicles total that are more than 1 cm – 1.4, 1.6, and 1.6, and the rest are smaller than 1 cm. They never tell me the size of follicles less than 1 cm, but I know that my Day 0 ultrasound showed 15 total small follicles. They didn’t ask me to change my protocol at all, so I have to assume all is on track. Also, my estrogen is at 1772.

My retrieval is tentatively next Wednesday, and now my mind is racing with thoughts of the cycle being cancelled or only having 3 follicles to retrieve. Does anyone have a sense of what size follicles “should” be by Day 6, I’d be interested to hear others experiences?

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Not sure what the sizes should be. I hope those little ones catch up! You've still got some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you still have plenty of time in a week for those little ones to catch up. I can't remember what meds you said you are using--I used Ganirelix in order to prevent premature ovulation and allow my smaller ones time to grow.

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fine! I had my Day 8 scan today and I had 6 between 15mm and 19mm and 6 between 10mm and 14mm. It's still very early days at Day 6 and I wouldn't expect many over 1cm at this stage and you wouldn't want them to grow too fast anyway. You're right on track! (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys - I am feeling better after reading your responses and doing a little google searching (that almost never helps!).
    Next u/s is tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete